Alaska bound

WELCOME TO MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT A BLOG. I PLAN ON USING THIS SPACE TO SEND "REPORTS FROM THE ROAD" FOR A MOTORCYCLE TRIP MY FRIEND BOB AND I ARE TAKING THIS SUMMER. MASSACHUSETTS TO ALASKA! A FIVE WEEK ODYSSEY THROUGH BRITISH COLUMBIA, ALBERTA, The YUKON And ALASKA....ALL THE WAY TO THE ARTIC OCEAN. If you would like to be notified when we update this blog, simply drop me an email or send me a "comment" and I'll add you to the notify list......... THANKS FOR COMING ALONG FOR THE RIDE!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

THIS IS KILLING ME!!!!!!

So here it is, Saturday....Five days before we leave on our "Epic Journey".........I just can't take the waiting! I sometimes think the best part of these tours I take is the preparation. I love selecting gear, working on the bike, figuring out the packing, the maps, the milage calculations, etc, etc.... But you have to remember, I did this all last year.............And two weeks before we were to leave..........BANG!, I'm on the ground. When that accident happened all I could think of as I was flying through the air was 'Oh Sh-t, this is going to screw up the trip!"....We'll that was actually the second thing....The first thing was "This is gonna leave a mark!"........In any event, that cancelled that trip..............I told Bob to go on without me, but he said "No Way!"....We planned this trip together and we'll do it together.......period!" That's a good friend.....
Folks ask if the accident had any effect on my riding. Was I nervous about getting back in the saddle? As strange as it might sound, I never had the least bit of trepidation (is that the right use of that word?)....Although sometimes I close my eyes when I go through the intersection where it happened..:-)
But I can tell you that I haven't ridden a motorcycle in a week............I was going to take it to work the other day, but at the last moment I decided not to jinks it...and took the car. What can I say.....I'm superstitious!
Today I'll change the oil in the bike and that will be the final preparation.........We'll be good to go on Wednesday......

1 Comments:

At Sun Jun 25, 06:57:00 PM, Blogger Macrobe said...

I feel your pain. I'm prepping now for a US/Canada trip next year on my Whee-strom.

We'll all be 'riding' with you as you update your blogsite.

TexasShadow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home