Alaska bound

WELCOME TO MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT A BLOG. I PLAN ON USING THIS SPACE TO SEND "REPORTS FROM THE ROAD" FOR A MOTORCYCLE TRIP MY FRIEND BOB AND I ARE TAKING THIS SUMMER. MASSACHUSETTS TO ALASKA! A FIVE WEEK ODYSSEY THROUGH BRITISH COLUMBIA, ALBERTA, The YUKON And ALASKA....ALL THE WAY TO THE ARTIC OCEAN. If you would like to be notified when we update this blog, simply drop me an email or send me a "comment" and I'll add you to the notify list......... THANKS FOR COMING ALONG FOR THE RIDE!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Let's meet Bob....


I asked my riding buddy to send me a couple of pictures of his bike "fully loaded" for the trip......and here's what he sent me.........

If you knew Bob you'd know how out of character this really is..........that's why it cracked me up.

Bob' is a great guy.......He's a scientist, a husband, father and business owner. Can speak informed on just about any subject and is extremely good company. One heck of a motorcycle rider....and as his nick name implied..."He ain't stopp'in!"

Here's what he sent me for a Bio...

"I'm Bob Hadden, aka Bob Ain't Stoppin'. That name was given to me by a very dear friend, and I treasure it, but I'm not any sort of an iron butt. Like to ride, though, and stoppin' ain't part of the picture.
My only qualification for this journey is that Roy needs someone to help pick the bike up if he falls over. So do I, and we're going to make a good team. I'll be following Roy all over the place and take a pile of pictures. Don't know if many will make it to the Blog, but we'll make sure to post the good stuff right here first!
I'm from Hinsdale, MA in the western part of the state, so the start of our trip will be from my house. The first leg is via GMC express to Montana. We want to start the riding right in the good stuff, so Montana is our starting point on the bikes. Right by Glacier National Park.
I'll be riding a 2005 BMW R1200GS. It's quite stock. All the fun stuff is on Roy's bike. I ride for the 'get away from it all' aspect, so no radio, radar, gps etc. for me. There are a couple of things though. A Bill Mayer saddle raises the comfort level slightly over stock, there's a bicycle computer for digital speedo and trip meter"
So, that is a picture of Bob's bike with his son's girlfriend Naomi, (a professional cheerleader) making it look that much better..................!

4 Comments:

At Tue Jun 20, 12:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the "new" Bob! I didn't kmow the Mayer saddle came with a "break-in" assistant! Can I get one of those?

 
At Wed Jun 21, 01:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't look like Bob is quite dressed for an Alaskan Adventure :)

Good luck on the trip, looking forward to reading the posts.

Bill Kenney

 
At Wed Jun 21, 05:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A point of clarification. Roy may be a bit confused on what I was trying to say. That isn't a bike like mine. That is my bike, and my photo, and it's goin to AK. For the full story on Naomi look here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40269&page=162
Scroll down past the half way point to the start of my story. But be prepared. ADVRider can change your life.

Ain't

 
At Wed Jun 21, 08:39:00 PM, Blogger RoyB said...

Opps! My mistake...I did not know Bob's bike had wire wheels!.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home