Alaska bound

WELCOME TO MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT A BLOG. I PLAN ON USING THIS SPACE TO SEND "REPORTS FROM THE ROAD" FOR A MOTORCYCLE TRIP MY FRIEND BOB AND I ARE TAKING THIS SUMMER. MASSACHUSETTS TO ALASKA! A FIVE WEEK ODYSSEY THROUGH BRITISH COLUMBIA, ALBERTA, The YUKON And ALASKA....ALL THE WAY TO THE ARTIC OCEAN. If you would like to be notified when we update this blog, simply drop me an email or send me a "comment" and I'll add you to the notify list......... THANKS FOR COMING ALONG FOR THE RIDE!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Shake Down Cruise.....


This weekend I loaded the bike up with everything I will be taking to Alaska and went on a 450 "ride" up through New Hampshire to test out the equipment and to see how the bike responded to carrying that load. The bike and the gear worked flawlessly! We're ready.....

My buddies that I was riding with told me they were having a hard time seeing my rear directional lights so upon arriving home I swapped them out for another set I had lying around that came off one of my other bikes. These lights are about 50% larger and much brighter. It's interesting to note that my friends were almost always behind me so they had lots of time to look at my "rear" directional lights...:-)

I made up a check list of items I'm taking with me. If I don't write it down, you can bet dollars to donuts I'd forget it!


Alaska Trip Packing List:

CLOTHING:
6 Wicking T Shirts
2 Pairs Jeans
6 pair wicking undershorts
12 pair wicking socks
1 polar fleece sweater
1 long johns
1 Hat
1 Bug Net Hat
Camp Shoes
Bathing Suit
Electric Jacket
Jacket Cord

CAMPING:
Tent
Ground Cloth
Sleep Pad
Sleeping Bag
Collapsible pillow
Towel
Wash Cloth
Toilet Bag
Unscented Soap
Unscented deodorant
Unscented toothpaste
Razor
Toothbrush
Hair brush
Flashlight
Headlight
Stove
Coffee Cup
Bowl
Cook Pan
Utensils
Portable Radio
Tarp
Collapsible Cooler (optional)


MOTORCYCLE SUPPLIES:
Tire Repair Kit
Tire Irons
Compressor
Tool Kit
First Aid Kit
Motorcycle Cover
Wire
Various Nuts and Bolts
Wire Ties
Duct Tape
Multi Tool
Face Shield cleaner
Rags
Security Cable
Gas Cans
Rope (25’)


RIDING GEAR:
Three season Jacket
Air Pants
Over Pants Rain Pants
Riding Boots
Air Gloves
Three Season Gloves
Helmet
Extra Face Shield (optional)


PERSONAL GEAR:
Extra Eye Glasses
Sun Glasses
Ear Plugs
Canada Insurance Certificate
Registration
Drivers License
Medical Cards (Med Jet & BCBS)
Various Credit Cards
AAA Card
Point and shoot camera
Nikon D70 SLR / Lens
Movie Camera
Fishing gear (two sets)
Cell Phone
Cell Phone Cord
Lap Top
Lap Top Cord
Battery charger (AA Rechargeable)
Maps
Alaska Books
Toilet Paper

1 Comments:

At Sun Jun 25, 02:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Roy....Wait up!

The reason we were back there was because you had the Radar and besides you were hauling. When you weren't hauling you were wagging and weaving on the edges of your tires trying to see if your bags would fall off.
Interesting though the one time I swung out and up ahead we lured a state shark out of hiding.

BTW Mike's Honda has a cuter rear end than our fiddies.

GOOD LUCK O HOBBY GURU
HAVE A BLAST.

Jaguzzi

PS are you bringing that unsented chain oil you found at Blood Bath and Beyond.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home